5 Foods to Avoid, 5 Foods to Add
Given the time we have on our hands by staying home and not commuting as much, etc., this could be a good time to focus on this healthy effort.
Inflammation, as you may have read or heard, is simply a killer. Chronic uncontrolled inflammation contributes to North America’s leading chronic degenerative conditions like heart disease, cancer, diabetes, arthritis, depression, and even Alzheimer’s.
Plus, it definitely plays a roll in neck pain and back pain.
So, here is what you need to avoid:
* refined carbohydrates, such as white bread and pastries
* French fries and other fried foods
* soda and other sugar-sweetened beverages
* red meat (burgers, steaks) and processed meat (hot dogs, sausage)
* margarine, shortening, and lard
And here is what you want to add:
* olive oil
* green leafy vegetables, such as spinach, kale, and collards
* nuts like almonds and walnuts
* fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, tuna, and sardines
* fruits such as strawberries, blueberries, cherries, and oranges
Some inflammation is good. It protects us from foreign invaders and helps repair injuries to the body. However, too much is detrimental.
Unfortunately, the North American lifestyle is prone to support excessive inflammation. But, it doesn’t take much to turn it around!
So, enjoy those Canadian blueberries and go nuts with those almonds and walnuts.
I hear walnuts are even good for the brain! Gonna grab me a handful of those today for sure…need all the help I can get!
Stay well, stay warm, keep smiling,